Sunday 6 January 2013

Gigging history: stats

This is by no means entirely accurate, given that my memory of these things pre-2005 is a little hazy and that I don't think I have tickets from everything I've ever attended to verify, but I've done a little calculating, with the help of last.fm and the stubs I do have, and I've come up with the following statistics in respect of my gigging history.

So... it would appear that I've been to a total of 450 shows since 1998, although, tellingly, 390 of those were between 2006 and 2012.

I've attended gigs in 31 different towns/cities, 2 counties (that'll be here and the good ol' US of A) and at a whopping 120 different venues (O2 Academy Newcastle is the most attended... 86 shows there, with another 30 if you include Academy 2).

The 'cities' leaderboard (i.e. no. of gigs attended per city) is currently as follows:

1. Newcastle - 230
2. Manchester - 61
3. London - 50
4. Leeds - 31
5. Glasgow - 11

The 'bands/artists' leaderboard (i.e. no of times I've seen them play) is currently as follows. Note - festival performances are not included in the tally.

1. Manic Street Preachers - 23
2. Frank Turner - 20
3. Alkaline Trio - 17
3. Idlewild - 17
5. Brand New - 9
5. My Chemical Romance - 9
7. Bloc Party - 8
8. The Gaslight Anthem - 7
8. Jimmy Eat World - 7
10. We Are Scientists - 6

Fascinating stuff, huh?








No comments: