Wednesday 29 October 2008

Screenaged Noise: Stellastarr* - My Coco

Lo, I returneth to these hallowed shores of blog postage with a new feature. Oh yes, tonight sees the début of 'Screenaged Noise', wherein I post a music video for a kick ass song that, really, you need to hear in order to live the rest of your life. Actually, it's just an excuse for me to hunt for cool music on Youtube. But epic win either way, right?

Kicking us off, we have Manhattan's stupendously named Stellastarr* (yes, that asterisk is crucial, God dammit), with a live performance of the superbly catchy, and rather sexual really, 'My Coco'. Yes, you guessed it, the embedding rights on the actual promo video have been disabled. Boo bloody hiss. Still, this does give us a chance to see Michael Jurin, the band's lead guitarist and purveyor of mesmerisingly high-pitched backing vocals, in action. When I saw these guys play at the Roadhouse in Manchester (March 1st 2006, date fans), not only was it one of the best things I have ever seen (it still has a place in my top 10 gigs of all time), but I managed to have perhaps the greatest fan girl moment ever when Michael suddenly appeared next to me post-gig and I spent ten minutes yabbering to him about God only knows what. It's become something of a blur; all I can really remember is the phrase 'you are ridiculously hot' running through my mind ad nauseum. Oh dear.

So, without further ado, 'My Coco'. And check that incredibly lengthy, deliciously sexy guitar solo. You don't get those on Stereophonics albums, that's for sure.

No comments: