Sunday 28 December 2008

Ten sexual indie boys (2008)

Screenaged Kicks has become something of a bile-filled whinefest recently thanks to the predictable onset of my "bah bloody humbug!" mentality, so today I thought we'd take a well-deserved break from ill-tempered cynicism and have a look at some pretty boys. Inspired by NME's publication of their 'twenty hottest men', I present to you ten guys making indie music in 2008 that set my sex on fire.

10. RUSSELL LISSACK, Bloc Party (guitar)




There's just something about that floppy fringe...

9. CHRIS PURCELL, Hadouken! (bass)



He's the one on the far right. Come to think of it, Nick, the one in the middle, ain't too bad either... shame their music's so fucking awful.

8. JACK LAWRENCE-BROWN, White Lies (drummer)



On the left, this time. Shockingly cute, this one (check out the Christmas NME for a better photo...)

7. HASSE MYDTSKOV, The Kissaway Trail (drums)



Blondie, in the middle. Though he wasn't blonde when I saw them support Editors. Still mighty fine though... and what a fantastic name, eh?

6. STEPHEN ANSELL, Blood Red Shoes (drums/vocals)




Well it's pretty obvious which one is Stephen, I reckon. And in the buff too, yummy. This highly energetic young man has absolutely perfect bone structure and massive eyes that just make you want to jump his bones... *ahem*

5. SAM POTTER, Late of the Pier (keyboards/synths/vocals)



In the foreground. Again, while I'm certainly not a fan of Late of the Pier's music, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of its keyboard player and occasional vocalist. I think it's got a lot to do with the puppy dog eyes and excessively messy hair. He's especially hot in the video for 'Bathroom Gurgle' actually, all shirtless and painted and singing 'find yourself a new boy' all seductively and that... think I might have to go watch that now as a matter of fact...

4. ALEKSANDAR DAMMS, Maths Class (bass)




Well hello Mr. Broody... how about I take you back to my place and cheer you up? No? Okay. Maths Class are a bit... weird... but the efforts of their ludicrously sexy bassist make them worth watching. For a few minutes, anyway.

3. CONOR OBERST (vocals/guitar/just about everything you can imagine)



Still as beautiful as ever, Conor Oberst proves that you don't need a hillybilly drawl, mullet and explosion of facial hair to write some of the most powerful country songs your ears are ever likely to hear. And just look at those cheekbones, that hair, those eyes... *splurge*

2. KIERAN WEBSTER, The View (bass/vocals)



He's a bit of a guilty pleasure, this one. Despite (a) being a bit irritated by his vocal contributions to The View's music, (b) finding him to be somewhat irritatingly immature in certain interviews and (c) and not being a particular fan of The View in the first place, I can't help but acknowledge the striking, unquestionable hotness of this man's face. And everything else about him, for that matter. Certainly the looker in the band, I imagine Kieran has more women hanging off his arm than Kyle Falconer's had illegal substances pumped into his body. But we'll just forget about that for now and start imagining what it would be like if he and Conor Oberst were trapped in a broken elevator together for seventy two hours, sweaty and stir crazy and relentlessly horny... *snaps out of it*

1. JACK BEVAN, Foals (drums)



Ah, Jack Bevan. What a pretty young man. What a handsome young man. What a cumtastically sexy young man. It should be criminal to be this attractive. This is what I want for Christmas next year... or my birthday, if anyone can do that. Jack Bevan, in a box. Gift wrapped. With a bow. And some chocolate syrup. Mustn't forget the chocolate syrup.

Well, at the end of all that boys and girls, what have we learned? Well, too much about my personal proclivities and private fantasies very probably, but also that my taste in men is exceptionally predictable and usually involves those that look cute. And about 18. Still, I can't help it. Beards and moustaches and things just look unsightly and, um, er...

I might do a 'ten sexy rock/punk guys' too, if I feel up for it. Or if I can find ten, that is. I struggled to get the indie dudes, to be honest. I tend not to be attracted to members of the bands that I like. But we'll see.

2 comments:

Cassie The Venomous said...

This is the most eye-appealing blog I have read today. Thank you. :]

XoXo
c.

t / s said...

ohhh jack is a beast : D
he's the cutest ginger i've ever seen.